Friday 16 November 2012

Christmas Ornaments

Hello everyone! I am sharing some Christmas ornaments that I have created this week for The Shabby Tea Room . For the challenge you are asked to create a card or project inspired by THE COLORS FROM THE PHOTO AND INCLUDE SHIMMER and/or GLITTER!
I was really excited by the challenge and had so many ideas. I did a little bit each night after completing my school work (am writing school reports atm) and this was my reward to myself. Over four nights I managed to create three ornaments. As I was creating them I called them pink, white and blue! There are a lot of photos to share this week so I hope you'll enjoy them.

Blue Ornament

The main focus was the angel. I used some glitter to add details to the wings and the white portion of the dress. I found some glitter cardstock in my supplies and used it to create the background layers. I adhered a strip of glitter pearls around the base die cut oval as well. To finish it off I added some tear drop crystals, ribbon and a brad.

Pink Ornament



This was the second ornament I created. I found this lovely image on the internet. Again I used glitter to add detail, this time to the gift in the bottom left hand corner as well as on the doll. Using a Spellbinders die, I die cut two base and the image. I didn't have the right colour pearl strips, so I used liquid pearls instead. I used the glitter cardstock to create the poinsettia. I used some pink beads to create the centre. To finish it off I added a bow and a pearl strand to my flower.




White Ornament

For my final ornament, I went with a silver and white combination. I stamped my ornament twice and embossed it using silver embossing powder. The background layers again were created using the glitter cardstock along with the poinsettia. Again I used beads to complete the centre of the flower. To finish it off, I used a tear drop crystal along with some beads to create the bottom portion of my ornament.

I think that I will give these ornaments as gifts this year. When I have some time, I'll create a box for each of them.

Supplies:

Blue Ornament
Paper: DCWV Glitter stack

Other: Spellbinders nestabilities lacey ovales, classic ovals small and floral ovals, Kaisercraft pearls, Stampin' Up! baja breeze seam binding, Glitzin' Glamour crystalina, tear drop crystals and jump rings.

Pink Ornament

Paper: DCWV Glitter stack and Whimsy stack, Prima Fairy Belle Collection 6x6 paper stack

Other: Spellbinders nestabilities labels twenty and layered poinsettia, liquid pearls petal pink, Glitzin' Glamour crystalina, pink seam binding, pearl strand, pearl brad.

White Ornament

Paper: DCWV Glitter stack

Other: Spellbinders shapeabilities Parisian motifs, Spellbinders nestabilities lacey circles, standard circles large and layered poinsettia, Stampin' Up! delightful decorations and ornament punch, silver embossing powder, Versamark, beads, ribbon, jump rings, teardrop crystal.

Thanks for stopping by!






post signature

4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful.. absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning. LOVE your poinsetta flowers.. gorgeous.
    SO glad you could join us this week at TSTR:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...Cathy, these ornaments are fantastic!!! Love the soft colors and beautiful images... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ornaments are truly Adorable. Such pretty layers. Have a warm and sunny week

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...