Saturday 23 February 2013

Butterfly Freedom

Hello everyone. It's the weekend now in Sydney. So happy its here, but it is pouring down with rain. A perfect day to do some craft! I am sharing a card with you that follows the latest sketch from Cardabilities.

My card began with the papers. If you like me have craft spending sprees every now and then, you acquire  lots of goodies. I am making a conscious effort to really start using all of my supplies. I forgot that I had this paper collection and I'm so glad that I found it. I found some coordinating cardstock and went from there.



I distressed and inked my background paper to create a vintage look. I stamped my sentiment onto SU! very vanilla cardstock twice. After I cut and embossed it, I left the frame on it. I inked up a blending tool and went around the outside. I layered it with another die cut, with foam tape between each layer for the dimension. I fussy cut the second butterfly image and added it to my main sentiment, to have a 3D look.



You still have time to join in and complete the sketch. You will need to link your project no later than midnight, Feb 27, to be considered as a Featured Designer on the Cardabilities blog.

Supplies:

Paper: Pink Paislee London Market

Stamp: Stamp It Butterfly Freedom

Ink: Walnut stain Distress ink, Versafine vintage sepia

Other: Spellbinders nestabilities labels eight, decorative labels eight, scalloped hearts, classic hearts, Die-namics fancy flourish, Kaisercraft rhinestone flourish antique rose, Hooked On Craft flowers, lace and doily.

Thanks for stopping by!







post signature

6 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous card and I'm sure that it will delight the intended recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing your gorgeous cards on Scrapbook.com and now Cardabilities, so came on over to subscribe and be inspired!! Beautiful vintage style card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have created a wonderful card, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another really beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card with a wonderful sentence. Thanks for playing along with us at CArdabilities. /MAlin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cathy. What absolutely beautiful work you do. I stumbled on your blog through Cardabilities. I have now become your latest follower and look forward to seeing what lovely creations you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...