Wednesday 20 March 2013

Remember When ~ Easter Layout


Hello everyone! I am sharing a layout that I have created following the latest sketch from Sketchabilities. It features a photo of my brother when he was in kindergarten, which I intend to use in his album that I am working on. As it is approaching Easter, I thought that it is the perfect time to reminisce about that time so many years ago.

I used quite a number of Scrapmatts chipboard pieces. For each I applied a layer of distress stain. Once dry, I repeated this again. I dabbed some gesso on the pieces to create a distressed look. I used an embellishment from the Pion Design collection and typed the event onto my computer and printed it out. It tucks in neatly with my side cluster of flowers etc.


 Here I have simply cut some cardstock and created fishtail banners. Using the one piece of cardstock, I had cut it into two different lengths and used both the front and back.

My side cluster consists of three chipboard flourish pieces. I filled in the gaps with some different sized flowers and die cut butterflies.

Here are some other close ups..





Supplies:

Paper: Pion Design Studio of Memories and For Mother Collections, Kaisercraft coffee bean, DCWV neutral stack

Ink: Walnut Stain distress stain, gesso

Other: Scrapmatts Ornate Frames 10, Flourishes 05 and Assorted Words 16, Dusty Attic Dusty In Bloom smokey blue and leaves, Green Tara flowers, Spellbinders Les Papillions Two, Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork, Martha Stewart flourish lace punch, lace.

Thanks for stopping by!





post signature

9 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous layout Cathy! I love the colors and the butterflies look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely layout yuo have made, great job whit the sketch. Thanks for playing along whit us at Sketchanilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI this is so delicate, just perfect for a vintage photo, love your colour combo, flowers and butterfly. Great take on the sketch BFN from caroleanne Sketchabilities

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful layout, Cathy. Love the pretty color scheme you've used and the photo is so precious! It's so great that you join us at Sketchabilities... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love all the details! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page. So delicate. Love the details and the sweet picture. Thanks for joining us at Sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous and stunning LO! I am amazed with your skill in creating such loveliness...perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful LO! love these colors and all details! thanks from Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice work!
    thanks for playing with us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...