Wednesday 24 July 2013

Kaisercraft ~ Scallop Photo Display ~





Hello everyone! Today I am sharing my final project using Kaisercraft's Enchanted Garden Collection. This project is very girly and whimsical. This took me ages to complete as I was waiting on the paint etc to dry. However it was worth it in the end.

I'll take you through the sections as I completed them. Firstly I coated the front and back with gesso. I then painted the interior dusty pink and the top and back in pretty pink. Once dry I applied a crackle medium. Once that dried, I applied white paint which then created subtle cracks to the front. Once that dried I applied mod podge all over to seal it. Lots of waiting for things to dry!!!

I created a mini garden scene here. I used different dies and fussy cut some more butterflies to add the magical feel I wanted. The lace and pearls give it a shabby chic feel as well.

I stitched around the edge of this section and added some lace. I applied gesso to the dress form then coated it with some iridescent medium. This gel gives it a shimmer. I added a bow, pearls and a flower as well.

I printed this photo in black and white and faded the edges. It helps to unify the photos which were not taken on the same day. This is my sister when she was little. I die cut a Spellbinders radiant rectangle die, cut what I needed to create the decorative corners.

Some pearls and left over papers created this heart set.

Another photo of my sister. The photo didn't fit the entire space so I created a floral cluster to fill in that gap.

My final section. I used two of the clear stamps for the sentiment section of this frame. I used some Spellbinders dies to frame and layer it. I stitched around the edges here and added some lace to create the shabby chic feel. More fussy cutting and another floral cluster.

I really enjoyed this project. It took lots of planning and patience while things were drying, but it was worth it!



Kaisercraft Products : Enchanted Garden Collection Fascinate P1222, Scallop Photo Display SB2219, Kaisercraft Paintbrushes T310, Kaisercolour Paint Dusty Pink KC013,  Kaisercolour Paint Pretty Pink KC038, Kaisercolour Paint White 001, Pearls Strip Champagne PL506, Mini Paper Bloom Fairy Floss F657, Paper Blooms Dusty Pink F641, Wood Flourishes Mannequins FL335, Clear Stamp Enchanted Garden CS107, Elegant Pearl Flourish Pearl PL507

Other: Jo Sonjas decor crackle, Mod Podge, Gesso, Distress ink antique linen, Versafine vintage sepia, Spellbinders classic hearts, classic scalloped hearts, labels four, gold labels four and radiant rectangles, Memory Box estate fence, flower mound and elegant scrollwork, Poppy Stamps grassland border,  Reeves iridescent medium, ribbon, button, linen thread, pearl string, liquid pearls petal pink, Dusty Attic leaves, lace.

Thanks for stopping by!


post signature









2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Cathy, this is soooo gorgeous! Pink is your color to use, so pretty... each section is so beautiful.. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is really beautiful how you have created with the wooden frame.. I just love it, a favourite for sure. Enjoyed reading how you done each section ....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...