Friday 18 September 2015

Matchbook Mini Album

Hello everyone! I do love mini albums and I have to be in the mood to create one as they are time intensive but extremely rewarding at the end. The mini album I have to share with you is a project that you can complete in a few hours! The other amazing thing about this project is it only uses ONE sheet of paper. To create this album, I followed a tutorial by Kathy Orta which you can see here.


The album uses ONE 81/2" by 11" piece of cardstock for the base. I decorated it using papers from the Ska vi ta en fika Collection. As you can see, there are pockets to insert tags and places for photos and journaling.





To complete my album, I have printed my photos using a sepia filter. They each measure 5cm square. To embellish, I have used flat flowers, stamping and also punches and dies to personalise my album.

To create the curved edge to the front cover of my album, I used a Spellbinder curved border die. I also used any vintage stamp in my stash that would compliment the photos. I had mini themes for each photo where possible.

As the album is quite compact, it is amazing how you can make your embellishments work for you because of the scale of the project. I have used some Stampin' Up! Tag punches and they fit perfectly in the pockets. Extra stamping on them on left over papers makes beautiful embellishments quickly and easily.

I decided to add photos to the back of some of the flaps, so in this compact album, I used five photos in total! I also used Green Tara flowers to embellish my photos as they are relatively flat and perfect in terms of their size.

Once decorated, I have just used ribbon as my closure, nothing complicated.

This really is a great project to make as a stand alone, but it could also be used as an insert for a mini album project if you made a  pocket to accommodate. I hope that you'll give it a try!

Maja Design Products Used:

Fika-L1




Thanks for stopping by!



post signature

9 comments:

  1. very pretty, love the colours you've used, Kathy is an incredible talent isn't she? You've done a lovely job here

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so beautiful! Lovely papers and each page is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty album,beautiful colours,lots of work in this beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks beautiful and thanks for the instructions. May have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspirational and beautiful TFS - left a comment on sb.com for you already. Hugs, Fran (Quick Silver)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just gorgeous and amazing!!! The purple/lavender colors are AMAZING!! Pinning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have loved instructions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...