Friday 2 October 2015

Today We Celebrate You ~ Maja Design


Hello everyone! It's Spring in Australia and I'm enjoying my school holidays. It's amazing how some time off work can really do wonders for the mind and body! I've been busy around the house and in my garden...weeding..cleaning..resting in between. I love gardens and flowers and my card is inspired by the beautiful flowers that I long to see in the spring.


I love shaped cards and sometimes struggle to get the folds to match up correctly. I recently purchased a Spellbinders pop up die set which includes a die to create a centre step card. It is so easy! To decorate the card, I have used papers from the Summer Crush Collection. I used the First Date and He Gives Her Flowers.

To embellish my card, I used this adorable resin from Prima. I also used some scraps to die cut butterflies to add to the side panels of the card. Everything was inked with Vintage Photo Distress ink.

The focal image is a stamp set from JustRite Stampers. I used Distress inks and a Dove blender pen to colour it in. The image was stamped onto watercolour paper. To age it, I inked the edge with vintage photo.

To finish my card, I used a variety of flowers and die cut leaves as well as teardrop spray.

Supplies:



Maja Design:



Summer-Crush-L


Stamps: JustRite Botanical Medallians and Banners

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stazon Jet Black, Distress Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint, Bundled Sage, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar, Scattered Straw

Flowers: Green Tara, Wild Orchid Crafts, Petaloo Mini Mix Tea Stained Pink

Dies: JustRite Label and Banner Dies, Spellbinders Classic Ovals Small, Elegant Ovals, Pop Ups Decorated Birthday, La La Land Open Leaf Flourish, Memory Box Botanical Stem, Cascadia Butterfly Trio, Leavenworth Butterfly Trio

Other: Dove Blender Pen, Sullivans Border Punch, Hemp, Prima Resin, Vivaldi Teardrop Spray, Prima Watercolour Paper


I hope that you'll give this type of card a try!

Hugs,





post signature

3 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous card Cathy,i love pop up cards.Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love school holidays back into the routine next week.... Really pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very beautiful and adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...